FV5
Rouyn-Noranda, Delight your senses !
  • Visit us on Facebook
  • Visit us on Instagram
  • Visit us on Facebook
Wednesday, April 14th, 2021

Beaudry 

Historical background

The parish of Beaudry was named after Father Beaudry, a Missionary Oblate of Mary Immaculate who served at missions in Northern Ontario circa 1880. In 1933, families started to move to Beaudry to clear land, settle and establish the parish of Saint-Clement-de-Beaudry, thus respecting the recommendations and orientations of the government of the day as formulated in the Gordon Plan, which was replaced by the Vautrin Plan in 1935. The parish became a municipality and held its very first municipal council meeting in 1979. In 2000, pursuant to an amalgamation agreement with Ville de Rouyn-Noranda, the municipality became a neighborhood of Rouyn-Noranda.

In 2012, Beaudry is still very well organized. It includes an elementary school, a home-care centre and a CLSC point of service.

Area description 

The Beaudry neighborhood is situated 20 km (15 minutes) from the urban core of Rouyn-Noranda and is accessible via Highway 391. It is part of the southern district of Rouyn-Noranda, as are the Bellecombe and Cloutier neighborhoods. The population of Beaudry has grown steadily in the past 25 years.

Beaudry covers a surface area of 123 km2, with the Kekeko Hills at its northern limit.

Contact us

Beaudry Municipal Office
6916, boulevard Témiscamingue
Rouyn-Noranda(Québec) J9Y 0K8
Telephone : 819 797-7110 # 5606
Fax : 819 797-4849
 


City of Rouyn-Noranda  100, Taschereau Est, C.P. 220, Rouyn-Noranda, QC J9X 5C3 | Phone: 819 797-7110 enveloppe or by email